12. There are seven imported fireplaces with Italian marble in the manor. Four of them are wood burning. They were imported on the Fevre River by steamboat and transported up the Galena hills by horse and buggy.
13. The window treatments in the Library and the Game Parlor are original pocket shutters.
14. A German artist came to Galena to complete the shutters specifically for The Felt Manor, The Washburne Home, and The Belvidere Mansion.
15. The third floor attic was converted into a grand ballroom with two adjoining parlors that the Felts used for entertaining. Today, the third floor is used for storage.
16. The well is original to the home and there are two original cisterns where we reuse the rain water for gardening and other projects. The bushes on either end of the walkway (at the top of Felt's Folly) are ‘tree peonies' and are over 100 years old!
17. The home was originally built in the Greek Revival style and later remodeled in 1874 to the fashionable Second Empire style, adding the iconic mansard roof that can be seen across town.